Second Apparition - June 13th, 1917
On June 13th, the visionaries were not alone, more than 50 people were present at the scene.
Little Jacinta could not keep the secret that the three of them had agreed to keep, and the news about the apparition spread through the town.
This time, it was Lucia who began to speak:
– What does Your Grace wish of me?
– I want you to come here on the 13th of next month, to pray the rosary every day, and to learn to read. Then I’ll tell you what I want.
Lucia asked Our Lady to cure a sick man.
– If he converts, he’ll be cured within a year.
– I wanted to ask you to take us to heaven.
– Yes, I’ll take Jacinta and Francisco very soon. But you will stay here for some time. Jesus wishes to use you in order to make me known and loved. He wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. I promise salvation to those who embrace it; and these souls will be beloved of God like flowers arranged by me to adorn His throne.
– Will I remain here alone?
– No, daughter. Does that make you suffer much? Do not get discouraged. I will never leave you alone. My Immaculate Heart shall be your refuge, and the path that will lead you to God. Our Lady, as the first time she appeared, she rose with majestic serenity and moved away towards the east.